The Student News Site of San Marcos High School

Knights News

Knights News

Knights News

Canva design of person uploading college information.
Are You Experienced?
Graphic art of two kids playing with a soccer ball made by Abigail Hunt.
Outdoor Play and its Positive Impacts
Photos of Kaiah Bacho, on the left she is posing for an award, and on the right, she is on crutches as a result of her torn ACL.
Coming Back From the Sidelines
SAN MARCOS WEATHER

• 7 AM
    56 °
  • 8 AM
    57 °
  • 9 AM
    60 °
  • 10 AM
    62 °
  • 11 AM
    64 °
  • 12 PM
    65 °
  • 1 PM
    66 °
  • 2 PM
    66 °
  • 3 PM
    66 °
  • 4 PM
    66 °
  • 5 PM
    65 °
  • 6 PM
    63 °
  • 7 PM
    61 °
  • 8 PM
    59 °
  • 9 PM
    57 °
  • 10 PM
    56 °
  • 11 PM
    56 °
  • 12 AM
    55 °
  • 1 AM
    54 °
  • 2 AM
    54 °
  • 3 AM
    53 °
  • 4 AM
    53 °
  • 5 AM
    52 °
  • 6 AM
    54 °
  • 7 AM
    56 °
April 27
67°/ 52°
Sunny
April 28
70°/ 52°
Sunny
April 29
71°/ 53°
Sunny

What Is The FCA?

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a massive organization that very few people at SMHS have heard of
Fellowship of Christian Athletes graphic designed on Canva.
Jonathan Whitney

Each day at school seems to come with something new. There’s always a new event, club or program blossoming at San Marcos High School, and it’s easy to not give much thought into them. However, there is one massive organization that has seemingly always operated in the background of this school and might be one that you’ve never even heard about. 

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is better known as the “FCA”. The FCA meets every Tuesday during lunch in room 200 where guest speakers speak to challenges they’ve overcome, whether it be turning points in their lives or simply personal anecdotes. However, none of this information quite explains why this organization has grown as rapidly as it has. 

To explain this, senior member of the FCA, Jaedyn Crockett, speaks on his experience. 

“It’s basically like a massive therapy office, except God is the therapist,” Crockett says, “If you’re interested or at all intrigued by the idea of becoming a Christian, we can help you answer your questions”. Crocket strongly believes that the FCA a good place for anyone to turn to if they are struggling whether you are a Christian or of other beliefs. “No matter what you believe, come by, listen for a bit, if you don’t like it, you can walk out and we won’t judge you for it” Crocket says.

The FCA is not specific to SMHS; it’s actually an international organization that has clubs in countless schools across the world, SMHS being one of them. With devoted association members, The Fellowship of Christian Athletes plays as a large support group for athletes, non-athletes, Christians and Non- Christians. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you aren’t sure what to do, you may want to consider stopping by room 200 any Tuesday for an FCA meeting.