The Student News Site of San Marcos High School

Knights News

Knights News

Knights News

Image of Empty Bowl banner in SMHS Courtyard April 26
The Tradition of Empty Bowl
Cover art made on Canva.
Feminism at San Marcos High School
Infographic made on Canva by Mia Batcher and Christiana Samuel depicting sports and senior scholarships.
Senior Scholarships
SAN MARCOS WEATHER

• 1 AM
    67 °
  • 2 AM
    66 °
  • 3 AM
    66 °
  • 4 AM
    65 °
  • 5 AM
    65 °
  • 6 AM
    67 °
  • 7 AM
    69 °
  • 8 AM
    72 °
  • 9 AM
    76 °
  • 10 AM
    78 °
  • 11 AM
    80 °
  • 12 PM
    81 °
  • 1 PM
    82 °
  • 2 PM
    81 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    78 °
  • 6 PM
    76 °
  • 7 PM
    72 °
  • 8 PM
    69 °
  • 9 PM
    67 °
  • 10 PM
    66 °
  • 11 PM
    65 °
  • 12 AM
    64 °
  • 1 AM
    63 °
July 27
82°/ 64°
Sunny
July 28
80°/ 61°
Sunny
July 29
81°/ 60°
Sunny

Let’s Talk About Senior Talks

It’s Time for the Annual Senior Talks, but First, What is it?
SMHS Class of 2024 Senior Talks in the SMHS theater. (Fatima Hamideh)

The annual “Senior Talks” was held on May 20 for the San Marcos High School class of 2024. This yearly event transpired in the theater and covered the rules of graduation and how to end our senior year on a high note. With graduation just around the corner, Senior talks gives seniors an insight to their final two weeks.

Every government class is called to the theater where ASB representatives and Principal Jesse Schuveiller tell the class of 2024 about upcoming events and behavioral expectations. Seniors were given a sneak peak to this year’s prom taking place at the Western Metal Supply Co in Petco Park, and how this year’s graduation ceremony will function. Senior Kate Wood said, “I’m the most excited from prom because I get to hang out with my friends.” Seniors express an eagerness to soak up the last couple events of this school year before beginning a new chapter.

Senior Futures Survey for SMHS class of 2024 given to all seniors after Senior Talks. (Fatima Hamideh)

As seniors start preparing for their final hoorahs and their futures, Principal Schuveiller  reminds students to stay on their best behavior and end this year on a high note. Precautions for graduation were also heavily emphasized, showing the importance of graduation rehearsal and treating this memorable occasion as a ceremony rather than a celebration. Seniors are also warned that they will face the consequences of not being able to walk at graduation if they are on poor behavior.

At the end of Senior talks, seniors were told to fill out a Google Form, revealing their future plans and how they feel about moving forward. They were also given a yellow slip to give a special thank you to a teacher of their choice. With the 2024 school year coming to a close, the SMHS senior class is putting in final touches for a memorable senior year.

Senior Bahaar Khademikalantari said, “I found it a little beneficial, I’m mostly just excited to start my future.”