The Student News Site of San Marcos High School

Knights News

Knights News

Knights News

What to get a Teenage Girl for the Holidays

Gift Guide with Most Wanted Gifts
Art made by Byllie Fleming on Canva, showing some favorable gifts for the Holiday Season. (Byllie Fleming)

With the sweet smell of candy canes and gingerbread filling the air and lights being strung along the halls, the time of year for buying gifts for loved ones is here. One of the hardest people to buy for are teenage girls. Whether you are a friend or a romantic partner trying to buy a gift for your girl, it’s important to get them a gift that will make them smile. Here are the top holiday gifts for teenage girls this year.

The first category is makeup. Based on a survey given to 30 students almost every one of them put down some sort of lip gloss. One of the most popular ones being Summer Friday Lip Balm. It comes in 7 different flavors and colors. It is also vegan and cruelty free. It cost $24 which is on the pricey side for a lip gloss but it is sure to make any teenage girl happy. 

Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine – Summer Fridays | Sephora

The next lip gloss that was extremely popular is the Dior Lip Oil. This is a designer name so it is expensive as it cost $40. Freshman Brooklyn Weiner said “The reason why I want Dior Lip Oil is because it is a very nice brand and it’s a very nice product. It’s worth the price.”  The gloss comes in  eight different colors, the most popular color being light pink. If you want to “wow” the person you’re buying for, this gift is sure to do so.

DIOR Addict Lip Glow Oil | Sephora

The last item in this category is a very popular blush called Rare Beauty Blush. It is a staple in a lot of girls’ makeup routines and this one is extra special as it is a liquid one. Liquid blushes have become significantly more popular recently as they are easy to blend and create a clean, dewy look. Rare Beauty is a makeup brand by Selena Gomez and it costs $23. It comes in nine different colors for a radiant finish and four different colors for a matt finish. The most popular shades are joy and hope.

Soft Pinch Liquid Blush – Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez | Sephora

The next category is Clothes. A clothing brand that was asked for constantly on our survey was Brandy Melvile. Personally, I wear at least one piece of clothing from Brandy Melville every day and so do a lot of my peers. I pulled the top three most popular pieces of clothing from the brand right now. One of these pieces is the Anastasia Sweatpants. They cost $35 and come in seven different colors. This is an extremely good price for sweatpants and they are super comfortable.

Brandy Melville Anastasia Sweatpants

The next piece of clothing from Brandy Melvile is the Christy Hoodie. This is a perfect basic staple for any girl’s closet as it goes with everything. Brooklyn agrees as she says, “Brandy Melville has a lot of cute basics especially their zip up jackets.” The jacket comes in nine different colors and costs $42.

Brandy Melville Christy Hoodie

The last piece of clothing are Kim Cargo Pants. Brandy Melville is one size and these pants do run small. They come in many different colors but a fan favorite is white. They are very good quality and cost 48 dollars.

Brandy Melville Kim Cargo Pants

The next category is jewelry. Jewelry is such an amazing gift for teenage girls as it is very special, especially if you get them good quality jewelry. A fantastic brand that teenage girls love is Gorjana. Their jewelry is extremely high quality making it pricy but a fantastic gift. A popular basic necklace that goes with every outfit is the Parker Necklace. It costs 68 dollars and comes in two different lengths, 18in and 20in. It also comes in gold plated or silver plated so it’s perfect for a gold girl or a silver girl.

Parker Necklace

Another piece of jewelry from Gorjana is the Crew Hoop set. If the teenager you’re shopping for has her ears pierced, these hoops will be perfect for them. They are $98 which is expensive but they are gold plated and it comes with two different pairs of hoop earrings.

Crew Hoop Set

If you are looking to buy jewelry but don’t want to break the bank, Puravida is an extremely popular brand with super cute bracelets. Their prices range from 50 dollars to one dollar. They have so many different kinds of bracelets to choose from such as braided ones or metal ones which makes them a great option if you want variety in your gift.

Puravida Bracelets

The next category is shoes. Shoes can make or break an outfit which is why they can be such a great gift, especially for a teenage girl. Uggs have recently soared in popularity. One shoe from their brand that many are asking for are the Ultra Mini Uggs. They are $150 and come in seven different colors, the most popular color being chestnut. 

Classic Ultra Mini Boot | UGG

Another popular shoe from Ugg are the Tasman Slippers. They come in two different colors and are $110. 

UGG® Tasman for Women | Sheepskin Slip-On Shoes at UGG.com

If you want to get shoes that are not slippers and are more athletic, Nike Blazers are a very good option. They come in four different colors and cost $105. You can also make your own color combinations by customizing them which can make for a very heartfelt gift.

Nike Blazer Mid ’77 Women’s Shoes. Nike.com

My final category is skincare. Skincare is essential especially for teenage girls in order to not just keep good hygiene but to also be used for self care. Skincare is a main part of almost every teenage girls routine so it’s a perfect gift that will be used a lot. One very popular skin care brand is Glow Recipe. The gift set by them is an absolute perfect gift as it gives them a starter of many of their products so they can see what works for them. In the set it comes with the Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser, the Watermelon Glow PHA+BHA Pore-Tight Toner, the Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream, the Strawberry Smooth BHA+AHA Salicylic Serum, the Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops, and the Plum Plump Hyaluronic Cream. All of these products cost just 38 dollars which is a very good price.

Glow Recipe Fruit Babies Bestsellers Kit

The next popular skincare product is the Drunk Elephant Bronzing Drops. This product also doubles as a makeup product as it’s great for your skin and also gives it a nice tan tint. It costs $38.

D-Bronzi™ Bronzing Drops with Peptides – Drunk Elephant | Sephora

The last popular skin care product is The Ordinary. This brand is extremely affordable and popular which makes it a very good gift. The Ordinary Acne Set is perfect as it has multiple different products and targets acne which is common with teens. It comes with the Glucoside Foaming Cleanser, Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, and the Natural Moisturizing Factors+Beta Glucan. You get all of these products for just $16. 

The Ordinary Acne Set

After seeing all the popular gift options fit for any teenage girl, holiday shopping this year won’t be so hard. There are so many affordable options along with very nice expensive options. Any of these gifts are sure to show that you really do care about your friend or loved one and make their holiday extra special.